The Westwood Parents & Teachers Association (PTA), is a warm, open and welcoming community, made up of parents and teachers, who are experienced and ready to help build and strengthen the WIS school community in Gaborone.
Our PTA is the backbone of parental teacher involvement in the social side of our school – organizing volunteer teams, providing support and backing up for a range of activities and events for the whole WIS school community. Activities are organized by specialist teams who run events and activities to support all our school include:
- Vital community link, offering a chance to quickly make friends and establish an important support network. We have various ways in which we help new families settle into life in Botswana and at WIS – we encourage parents to take an active interest in their child’s journey through the school, to get involved and play a part in life at the WIS.
- PTA TERM EVENTS
- Term 1 the PTA will be organizing a “Boys Night Out” camp out at the school premises where Fathers and Sons can come and play games and share skills. Similarly, a “Girls Night Out” will take place with the same objectives.
- Term 2 the PTA is planning of for A Bonfire/Movie night for the entire WIS Community,
- Term 3 the PTA plans for an International Family Fun Day Open Market.
Dates for these events will be shared in due course…
Parents interested in helping out with any of these events are encouraged to reach out to any of the committee members listed below and/or Mr. Mathew Kirby.
- Cool Time Fridays creates an opportunity for the PTA to interact with the children.
- School branded shirts are also being sold by the PTS to enhance the school brand and instill a sense of pride and belonging in our children. More items to come so watch this space…
ALL PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN OR SUPPORT THE PTA IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER TO ENSURE WE STRENGTHEN THE WIS COMMUNITY AND TOGETHER THE SKY IS NOT EVEN A LIMIT.
The Association is governed by an executive elected into office every year. The current Exco is as follows:
Chairperson – Banyana Madi-Segwagwe – 72505325
Vice-Chairperson – Sharon Simwanza-Mulenga – 72320119
Treasurer – Boitumelo Makosha – 71726233
Teacher Rep – Mrs. Liisa Adkins